Ginger Sauce Chicken is The 'chicken' in this case is created with dried bean curd sticks, which you can easily find in your local grocery stores. This is a popular dish for main courses, and as we a favorite for many beer drinkers in Szechuan
This dish is quick and easy to prepare, where the only involved processes is the deep-frying.
- Dried bean curd sticks ... 100g Ginger 50-75g (1 fun piece) Green onions ,, 2
- Sesame oil 2 teaspoon
- MSG 1A teaspoon (optional)
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Szechuan peppercorn 15 —17
- Light soy sauce 2 tablespoons
- Dark vinegar 3 tablespoons
- Vegetable oil for deep-frying
- Soak the bean curd sticks until all soft. Then strain, and dry as much as possible.
- Smash the ginger into small pieces, and wrap in a thin but strong cloth. Then squeeze out the ginger juice into a bowl Note: I can usually squeeze out about one to two tablespoons of ginger juice using this technique. It does take a little effort.
- Finely grind the peppercorns, and add to ginger mince with sesame or, salt, MSG, soy sauce, and vinegar.
- Finely chop the green onions, and mix in with the ginger sauce mixture. Stir the mixture well
- Pour enough vegetable oil into a small pot so it's about 2 inches deep.
- Heat up the or, and deep-fry the tofu sticks until it's a golden color. Set in a plate with paper towel beneath, and let it cool
- Cut the tofu sticks along the middle into two halves, and then cut them into 1 inch long pieces. Pour the sauce mixture on top, mix, and you have Ginger Sauce Chicken ready to serve)
Note: only mix in the sauce when you are ready to serve, or the tofu will become soggy.